Makes a delicious side or main alongside some hummus or Greek yoghurt. This also works well smashed on toast for the next day's breakfast. Recipe has been adapted from Yotam Ottolenghi.
Serves: 4 people
- 800g butternut pumpkin
- 1 tsp garlic mince
- 40g extra virgin olive oil
- 50g grated parmesan
- 20g panko breadcrumbs
- 3 Tb fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 6 Tb fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 Tb pine nuts, roughly chopped
- 2 Tb hummus
- Salt and pepper, to season
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees, and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Slice the pumpkin into 1cm thin wedges and place evenly onto the baking tray. Drizzle the pumpkin wedges generously with olive oil.
- Mix the garlic, parmesan, breadcrumbs, herbs and salt and pepper in a small bowl. Sprinkle the crumb mixture over the pumpkin and gently pat down on the mixture to help it stick to the pumpkin.
- Place the tray in the oven and roast for 30 minutes, or until the pumpkin is soft when poked with a fork.
- Serve pumpkin wedges with hummus on the side.